Follow Nicki for Eternity


I didn’t feel as if I would have the ability to talk. My throat had seized up, and gone unexpectedly dry. Kevin...I think that someone is following me. I texted my best friend.
OMG, Nicki! Do you want me to come get you?. He replied, with obvious concern.
Kev, I am not really sure who they are,  but it is okay I am like a block away from home. And you’re hanging out with your girlfriend, it’s okay I promise. I assured him, relieved. I felt lighter, and my walk turned very unsteady.
If you need me, I am here. Love you, bye!! He texted.
I could still feel the presence of the person following me, and I began to feel light-headed, “Go away,”  I muttered.



“I heard that, Nicki.” an assertive voice shouted from behind. It was the person following me.
I turned around so fast. I felt a foreign surge of confidence and annoyance at this unknown person. My nostrils flared and my face turned a bright shade of red as if daring them to speak again. That took the person off guard. I saw the person long enough to know he was a man. He was wearing a black beanie, black pants, black shoes, and a blue hoodie. After I realized all of this, he hid from view, but I could still sense him following me. He laughed a low menacing laugh that suggested danger, and then I started to feel threatened.
My spontaneously daring attitude toward this man, suddenly turned into outright terror. The sound of my heartbeat started thrashing in my ears, my chest began to feel sore, and my legs felt weak. My body threatened to crumple to the ground, but I resisted.
Please go away”  I whispered
At that moment I felt him draw closer to me, but still couldn’t see him. Him being closer to me almost made me trip over Mr.Parker’s Christmas decorations, as I walked past his house. (I wasn’t too fond of him, because he always teased me about being ‘Little Miss Blondie’ and ‘Little Miss Late to School’) I then came back to my senses, and was much more aware of the person behind me. Then I heard his voice.
“My name is Aerial,” he began and I stopped walking. The sound of his deep voice glued me to the pavement, “ I am not a fallen angel. I am an angel, who has lived in Heaven since I died, when I was seventeen. I was sent to this miserably clueless and deprived planet to guide humans,” he paused, and I could feel the warmth of his breath coming down on my neck, but I was too scared to turn. “Do you need guiding, Nicki?”
His voice disappeared, but he was still following me.
“I don’t know you! I can’t trust you. Just go away..” I said with more confidence than I felt.
I finally reached my house, and could feel his eyes follow me up to my door step. My mother opened the door, and greeted me with a smile, and a warm embrace.
“Hey, honey. I’d love to chat but I have got to go clean up.” she chuckled, and gestured to her whole self that was covered with flour, “I have some flour stuck in my nose. Stay out of trouble!” Mom finished hastily, then disappeared around the corner.
“I’ll be back mom.” I said to her as I peeked my head around the corner.
I looked out the window, and saw Aerial starting to walk the opposite way of my house. I threw my stuff on the floor near the door, and quietly slipped out of the house.
I was breathing heavily. My long legs carried me closer to my destination. I started sneakily walking toward Aerial. I tied my long blonde hair back, trying not to panic. I felt more assertive, still scared, but assertive. I just had a lot of emotions at once. I put on most of the aspects of confidence in my posture. My shoulders were back, and my chest was out, but my chin was not high. Not exactly sure of what I was doing, I continued toward Aerial. Then it hit me: I was going to turn the tables on that creep and follow him.
It was a bit difficult to follow him. I was sure I could keep up though. As Aerial traveled, he got a WWJD magazine from a newspaper stand. He even bought a bike from the LotzoBikes store. I ran after him as he rode down the familiar pathway to the Police Park. The park I had been going to since I could remember. He stopped, so I hid behind a tree. He rested his bike against a park bench, and sat down. He opened his magazine, and acted as if he were completely mesmerized by the text within it.
Feeling no fear, I stepped out from behind the tree, “Now who is being followed?” I scoffed.
“Ah, the human girl, Nicki. How are you doing, darling. I thought I had scared you off. Not that it would have actually mattered. No matter how much you would have tried to avoid me, I would always find you.” Aerial said. I couldn’t ignore his self-centered attitude.
“Well I’m not avoiding you. So what now? What is the freaking deal, dude?” I said and then sat down next to him on the park bench.
Finally not avoiding looking at me any longer, Aerial turned toward me. At that moment time literally stopped. He had blonde hair, deep blue eyes, and just an overall...angelic face. If I were to imagine my prince charming, this is what he would have looked like, but she did not believe in love… did she?  He looked as old as he had said: seventeen. It will be hard for me to say no to this one...
***************************************************************************
Aerial was getting sick of pretending to read the WWJD magazine. He guessed this human could see his face. Hopefully she didn’t recognize him. After all, he used to live where Nicki lives now: Phoenix, Arizona. He had only been dead a month, an angel for a month. Then he was sent down here.
Aerial finished spewing his thoughts toward the sixteen year old girl called Nicki, and she replied.
“Well I’m not avoiding you. So what now? What is the freaking deal, dude?” she said and then sat down next to him on the park bench.
So then Aerial finally turned towards her. He hadn’t actually ever seen her face before. It was better than fawning over the beautified angels in heaven. Her long blonde hair appeared to be silky, and it was grown down to the small of her back. Her lips were beautiful, unchapped, and alluring. Her sunkissed skin was scattered with hardly noticable freckles. Aerial had never seen such magnificent eyes, they were the exact color of the clear ocean. Since he had seen her standing before, he knew she was just the perfect height, five foot six inches. She wasn’t repulsively skinny, but she was very thin. Beautiful, he thought.
He quickly realized that she was too staring at him. She came to this realization just moments later, and bit her lip. She looked away.
“Please look at me, I want to help you.” Aerial said, unable to bear her looking away from him in shame.
“What do you mean? Help me? I thought that you said you were the guider.” Nicki said, with her eyebrows pulled together, in obvious confusion.
Aerial mimicked her facial expression, and Nicki giggled, “I am a ‘guider’, but the way I am going to guide you will be ultimately helpful.” he explained.
“Umm, okay. So tell me how will you help me.” Nicki said.
“Kevin, he is your close friend, correct?” he inquired.
Nicki’s eyes widened, and she looked concerned, “Yes. Is he okay?”
Aerial gave a deep sigh, “He is fine for the time being. His girlfriend, Lilly, is actually Lilith the demon. She is in disguise, and I have heard of her devise to murder Kevin.”
“Murder Kevin? What the hell are we going to do?” Nicki started to cry.
“Please calm down, Nicki.”at the sound of Aerial saying Nicki’s name her crying stopped, “We will try to save him. I believe her plan is to kill him today. Call him, see where he is. I know he is with her.” he said.
“Why couldn’t you save him without me?”Nicki whispered
“How could I without someone who is very close to him? It is my duty to save him. I knew him while I was alive.”he admitted.
“Oh my gawd. You were Aerial Woodlight! The boy who…”and she trailed off, embarrassed of her outburst.
“Yes, the boy who was killed by an unknown source.”he frowned, “No one will ever uncover what killed me.”He sighed.
“You could tell me on the way to save Kev.”Nicki persisted.
“For now just call him.” Aerial commanded.
Nicki pulled out her bright purple phone, and Aerial laughed to himself. I swear, teenage girls, man. He watched her dial Kevin’s all too familiar phone number. Kevin picked up, and Aerial could hear him talk.
Hey, Nicki. I am a little busy. Did you figure out who was following you?” Kevin said
“Yeah, it was just little Johnny from the grocery store.”she lied easily and looked at Aerial as if to say, What was I supposed to say?
Oh thank gawd! So whats up? Me and Lilly are still hanging out”  he chuckled
“I was just wondering where you guys were.”she chewed on her lip.
We are at Jacinda’s Coffee Shop. After we leave, which will be in about ten minutes, we are going to hang out in the old alley near your dads apartment. That was Lilly’s idea” he gushed.
“Okay, I was just wondering. I will see you later! Love you, bye.” and Nicki ended the call in a hurry.
“I heard.”Aerial assured her.”Lead the way to the coffee shop.”he said.
The walk to the old alley was not too far, and it was familiar, so it was easier. They finally had made their way to where Nicki knew they would be in the alley.
“There they are” Nicki pointed. Kevin and that slut were being all gushy on the corner next to Nicki’s dad’s apartment.
“Let us make our way to them, shall we?” Aerial suggested.
They walked up to them. Their mouths separated, and Kevin spun around with a surprised expression on his face.
“Nicki, what are you doing here? I told you me and Lilly were spending time together!” he said with his temper rising.
“Kev, please trust me. Step away from Lilith.” Nicki said. Lilith’s eyes flashed red when her name was said, Kevin noticed and stepped away.
“Lil? What-What’s going on?” Kevin said, suddenly afraid.
“Tell him, Lilith. Tell him your plan.” Nicki growled.
Then Lilith sprang at Nicki, and grabbed her hair. She began to drag Nicki into the dark while she screamed for Aerial.
“Where are they?” Kevin screamed.
“Calm yourself, Child. I am watching them from afar.” Aerial assured him. Kevin looked up to him and saw that Aerial’s eyes were white, and in a dazed look.
*************************************************************************************
Why haven’t they came to look for me? Nicki thought to herself. She could hardly breathe. Lilith had cut long gashes up and down Nicki’s arms, and poured it into an old vase she found in the alley.
Lilith then made Nicki drink her own blood.
Nicki choked, “Why are you doing this? What do you want?” she shrieked.
Lilith laughed a dark and menacing laugh, “I want your friend’s head on a platter, darling.” she said with her eyes dangerously glowing.
“Why? Why? W-” Nicki’s cries were cut off by more blood being poured into her mouth. This time the blood was different. It burned going down her throat. She looked up. Lilith had put her own blood into Nicki’s mouth. She began to feel dizzy.
“You know nothing of what Kevin has done, do you? He has meddled deep into hell and sabotaged Lucifer’s plan to rise.” Lilith screamed.
Everything began to swim before her eyes. So this is what it feels like to die, Nicki realized. Red creeped into and fully controlled Nicki’s vision, and Nicki’s eyes slowly closed. No. No. I really am dying. A single tear trailed down her face. She prayed to Aerial, Please keep Kevin safe. T-tell my mom I love her. Then, with a smile, Nicki died.
**********************************************************************************
Kevin was curled up in a ball near where Nicki had disappeared, “Lilly was Lilith… The demon who wanted Lucifer to rise. This is all my fault.”
Aerial crouched next to him, “Kevin, I have been watching the happenings between Lilith and Nicki. I am so sorry. Lilith has… tortured Nicki...to death.” Aerial choked, and was then very surprised by his love for Nicki. I will turn her into an angel, and we can be together, he told himself.
Kevin then screamed and attempted to smash his head on the cement below him. Aerial pointed to him and he fell into a comfortable sleep. He then pointed another finger at him, and he was turned invisible to any demon eye.
Lilith then emerged from the darkness.
“Aerial, Aerial.” she said in a bored tone.
“Lilith. You cannot have Kevin. He is gone. He committed suicide the moment I told him of Nicki’s death,” he lied easily, “He is in the Kingdom of Heaven.” Lilith then screamed, and lunged at Aerial.
He held out both his hands, and Lilith was killed.
“That’s what you get, bitch.” he spat.
*********************************************************************************
Kevin really had committed suicide now. Aerial had summoned Nicki’s spirit in a small room at the local highschool.
Nicki smiled sadly up to him, “Aerial, the moment I looked into your eyes, I fell in love with you.”she confessed.
“The same with me, darling.” he said, and Nicki flinched at the word, “Forgive me, my love.” he corrected himself.
“Forgiven.” she said simply, and stood up. She moved her hand up to his face, and then kissed him.
“May I have your permission to make you an angel, so that we can live in eternity together?” he asked earnestly, and she nodded.
Aerial then, with a wave of his hand, and a few sacred words, he turned Nicki into an angel. He then looked at her, and his jaw dropped open. She was the most majestic and beautiful angel he had ever seen. She then smiled a true smile, and Aerial could have sworn that she lit up the whole world.
All of his work to earn something worth living eternity for, then made sense. Success did not come to him… He went to it.
“Nicki. You are the most beautiful thing my mortal and immortal eyes have, and will ever see.” Aerial said.
She walked over to him and clasped his hand. They then walked to the cemetery and paid their last respects to Kevin. Then they walked into eternity together, in love, one step at a time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment