I See Jewel in Your Eye

     "MJ this, MJ that," Jewel complained, "All Trever goes on about  is MJ."
     Dean, Jewel's best friend rolled his eyes, "Sweetie, Trever is your step brother. Why do you care if he is in love with his girlfriend?" he asked.
     Jewel looked at him with her hand on her hip and boldly said, "Because. My mother and Trever's father didn't seem to give a shit that I was in love with Trever before they decided to get married." and then she sat down.
     "Well what can you do about it, Jewel?" Dean asked.
     "Oh, I'll tell you what I'm going to do about it." she replied with a wicked grin.

     It wasn't every day that Jewel needed to seek help from Jhumpa, it was every other day. Today, it was to trap her step father in Jhumpa's haven, the place she did her rituals. Once Jhumpa was finished with him, there would be no more daddy for Trever,  then convieniently, Jewel would be there to comfort Trever.
     "Is everything almost ready?" Jewel asked Jhumpa.
     Jhumpa coughed, "All we need is your step dad." she replied in her raspy Bengali accent.
     Jewel nodded and pulled out her phone. He answered on the first ring, "Daddy?" Jewel fake cried.
     "Jewel, what's wrong?"her step father asked with panic in his voice.
     Jewel made up some crap story about how she was in trouble and needed him to meet her here, he of course rushed over.
     "I'm here. I'm here. Jewel, where are you?" her step father was out of breath and was frantically searching around Jhumpa's store for a trace of Jewel.
     "Oh I'm here." Jewel giggled and she steped out from a shadow.
     "What's going on?" he asked with a furrowed brow.
     "You're going to be okay, Daddy." Jewel smiled. Then in an instant, Jewel pulled Jhumpa's cursed knife out of her pocket and plunged it into his eye.
     There was no shreak of pain, there was no blood, just her step father slowly pulling the knife out of his eye with a dazed look at Jewel.
      "I know what to do."he said to Jewel in a monotone voice. Then he went into Jhumpa's back room and sat in front of the crystal ball, "MJ, MJ, MJ." he chanted, and MJ's face appeared in the ball.
     She was sitting on her bathroom counter, applying lipstick. A snarl rose up in Jewel's throat, "Do it now!" she screamed at her step father.
     "MJ?" his voice said. MJ looked up as if she heard his voice. She looked as if she had been hypnotized. She got off of the counter, went into her room, and grabbed her phone. She dialed 911, and cleared her throat.
     "My name is MJ. My boyfriend's name is Trever. I murdered his father. His father is dead. I am going to die now. Good bye,"then she hung up, and fell to the ground.
     The cheesiness of it all made Jewel laugh, "Okay, 'daddy' your work here is done." she told him. He fell to the ground, and the crystal ball turned black.
     She picked up her phone, and dialed Trever's number. He answered after one ring.
     "Jewel did you hear? Oh, they are dead. My dad and MJ. Where are you?" Trever cried. She told him she was at the movie theater (which she quickly drove to). She waited outside for him. Once he parked, he flung open his car door, and ran to Jewel. He wrapped his arms around her, and cried.
     "It's okay. I love you. I love you."she told him.
     "I know, it's just so sad, I feel so guilty. I was getting ready to break up with MJ tonight, and the last thing I said to my dad was 'I hate you'." Trever cried.
     "Oh Trever, I'm so sorry. Can I tell you something?" Jewel asked, and he nodded.
     "I love you, I'm in love with you. I have been since I met you. Now that we aren't related... I was thinking that we could talk about us." Jewel said.
     "Us? There is no us. I love you too, but not like that," Trever said and slowly backed away from her.
     She looked at him and could see her reflection in his eyes. "I was hoping it wouldn't end like this" she said, "Get in the car." She told him, and pulled out the flask Jhumpa gave her and put the liquid from it in her mouth. .
     He slowly got into his car. They closed the doors, and she began to kiss him. He tried to push her off, but she kept kissing him. Then she stopped and his eyes rolled back into his head and the purple liquid dripped from his mouth. He was dead.
     Jewel looked at herself in the mirror and watched the liquid foam from her mouth. She cried, "Now we can be together, Trever."

0 comments:

Post a Comment